Grimaldi acquires the TDT terminal in Livorno

On 31 January, following the sale of 100% of its capital by Infracapital, Infravia and I.L. Investments, Terminal Darsena Toscana (TDT) officially became part of the Grimaldi Group. The company, which owns a concession to operate in terminal areas in the port of Livorno where freight is handled, was acquired by Grimaldi Euromed (with an 80% shareholding) and by Grimaldi Deep Sea (for the remaining 20% of the capital), two subsidiaries of the Neapolitan Group.

Even though the purchase contract had already been signed on 30 November 2023, the completion of the operation also required the authorization of the Port System Authority of the Northern Tyrrhenian Sea, that of the Italian Competition Authority and finally the approval of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, which chose not to exercise the so-called "golden power" – namely a regime whereby the Italian Government can dictate specific conditions for the acquisition of shareholdings with the aim of safeguarding the ownership structures of companies operating in sectors deemed strategic and of national interest.

The Grimaldi Group now manages a key terminal in the port of Livorno: with a total area of ​​389,000 square metres and 1,430 metres of quay for ship mooring, TDT boasts a strategic location for logistics, with easy road and rail access – the terminal is directly connected to the national railway network – and an annual operational capacity of 900,000 TEU (approximately 500,000 containers).

By virtue of this operation, the Grimaldi Group will become increasingly rooted in the port of Livorno, whose geographical position is strategic for the movement of both freight and passengers between central and northern Italy and the rest of the world.